Saturday, August 12, 2006


It’s been 8 months since my migration east, from Los Angeles to New York yet it seems like I haven’t even started yet.

My short time in Gotham has felt like an eternity. I know its only been 8 months but it feels more like 8 years. I’ve even been back to LA twice, once on my mother’s birthday and another time for my brother’s birthday. Although not openly affectionate, I do admit that we’re a close family.

Dicken’s quote, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…” best characterizes these past 8 months.

Being here and just being part of New York is the best of times. I wasn’t born into a privileged family but I’ve lived a comfortable life. Moving to NY is really the first time I’ve felt truly independent and I actually feel alive despite being away from my comfort zone. There is still much more to accomplish and really, I haven’t even yet arrived at the starting line.

The worst has to be when I wasn’t hired on at my Temp-Perm job, actually I was about to be hired but was sacked for one of the VP’s cronies. It was really irritating to find out that the person hired was someone who had left the company twice and this was the second time he was taken back. Oh well, I got drunk, released my anger and moved on…

My favorite thing to do in New York is to run with my running club and my least is waiting for the subway in the horrible humidity!!!

There are so many things to write about these past 8 months but if I had to give my Big Apple experience a grade I would have to give it a C+. I might be a little hard on myself but I think C+/C is fair.


Till we meet again…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home